Large Item Collection
You may schedule your large item pickup at your convenience! Any questions regarding large item collection should be directed to the Public Works Department.
Available for eligible locations that receive City refuse collection:
- Each address can receive 2 scheduled collections with no fee for up to 5 large items per visit per calendar year
- Note: please continue reading for information regarding mattresses/box springs, refrigerants, and prohibited items
- Please call Public Works at 419-354-6227 to schedule
- Collection will typically be performed on a Monday or Friday
- To ensure collection, large items must be placed curbside by 7 am on the scheduled collection day
This is not an unlimited refuse collection!
Carpeting and padding must be cut up and rolled into bundles not to exceed 4 feet in length or 18 inches in diameter. Bundles must be tied with rope or cord heavy enough to support the weight of the bundle.
More Than 5 Items
What if I have more than 5 items? The following fees apply (must be pre-paid):
- $25 for first item
- $15 per item thereafter
- OR, both annual pickups may be used at the same time allowing for up to 10 items.
Special pickup of mattresses can be made upon request (fees apply) by calling the Public Works office at 419-354-6227.
The following fees apply (must be pre-paid):
- $25 for first item
- $15 per item thereafter (total of 3 items)
Collection is typically performed on a Monday or Friday.
Items that will not be picked up by City refuse crews include:
- Air conditioners
- Liquid paint
The Household Recycling Guide can direct you on proper disposal.
The City is not authorized to pick up building materials, construction or demolition refuse, sod, or rocks. This includes hot/bath tubs, roofing material, remodeling material, etc. Items over 200 lbs. require permission from the Superintendent. These items may be taken to the Wood County Landfill (landfill fees apply).
Small items left at the curb will not be collected. Please place such items inside your refuse container.
Please consider donating or recycling items that still have useful value.
The City also offers a two week rental of a small (3 yard) dumpster container to eligible property locations for a pre-paid fee. Typical use: clearing a garage or basement etc. Prohibited items will not be collected. Owner will be responsible for removing prohibited items before dumpster removal. Call 419-354-6227 to schedule.