Energy Efficiency Programs
Efficiency Smart Program
The City's Efficiency Smart Program helps customers lower their electric bill through energy efficiency and guides them to savings through financial incentives and expert advice. Residents along with business and industrial customers have derived benefits from this innovative and helpful program.
Residential Customer Links
- Online Savings: Get instant discounts on energy efficient products
- Electric Bill Advice: Receive free advice on reducing your energy use to lower your electric bill
- Home Energy Rebates: Get money back for purchasing qualifying efficient products
- Online Home Energy Assessment: Complete a free online assessment to identify ways to save energy in your home
- Electric Usage Monitor: Borrow a device for free to measure how much energy household items use
Business Customer Links
- Small Business Solutions: Receive energy efficiency services and rebates tailored to the needs of your small business
- Large Business Solutions: Receive expert technical assistance and financial incentives customized for your large business
The Harris ACE platform provides utilities and their customers data-driven tools that enable customers with personalized and actionable solutions that heighten energy cost awareness and promote energy and water efficiency.
The program also allows customers to review a current bill summary with usages broken down by electric, water and sewer, view a projection of their next bill, and look at past bills in the bill history. Energy or water usage can be compared with temperature data to see how usage changes daily or during the winter and summer months.
Find more information on the Utility Insights page.
Columbia Gas Home Energy Audit
Bowling Green has been selected as a qualified area to participate in the Neighborhood Home Energy Audit program in partnership with Columbia Gas of Ohio. Bowling Green customers will have the opportunity to lower natural gas usage, a 30% or greater reduction is possible. Reduce your carbon footprint as well as enjoy a more comfortable, quieter home.
Check out Columbia Gas website for more details!
Home Energy Programs
Additional energy efficiency resources are available: Energy Star's Home Energy Yardstick and the Department of Energy's Home Energy Saver Tool. These tools can help assess your home's annual energy use and provide recommendations on increasing efficiency.