Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Foundation
2021 Party for the Parks is November 5, 2021
The Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation will be hosting their annual fundraising event, Party for the Parks (formerly Wine & Cheese Social & Auction) on Friday, November 5 from 4-7 pm at the Veterans Building in City Park. The event will feature: catered food, wine, craft beer from the BG Breweries, musical entertainment, a “Celebrating BG” silent auction, and raffles. Tickets are $65 each ($70 after 10/22) and can be purchased in advance by calling 419-354-6297 or at the door that evening. All proceeds support the Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Department and their mission of “Enhancing quality of life through parks, programs and facilities”. For questions, more information or to purchase tickets, please call 419-354-6297.
2021 Membership Drive
The 2021 Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation Membership Drive is underway!
Make a Donation
Please join us in our mission to support the BG Parks and Recreation Department.
If you would like to use PayPal to join the Membership Drive, please add the following to the notes section of the PayPal submission:
2021 Membership Drive
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Cheryl Witt.
Click the link below to view the BG Parks & Recreation Foundation Annual Report for 2020.
- Established in 1992 in response to a growing call for more beautiful parks and additional recreational programs
- Memberships, tax-deductible donations, and funds from the Annual Wine and Cheese Social and Auction allow the Foundation to support BG Parks and Recreation Department
- Purchased 19.6 acres now known as Tucker Woods through the $480,000 Save the Woods campaign
- Raised over $700,000 to build and endow Simpson Garden Park
- Coordinated fundraising efforts for Ridge Park construction
- Raised over $33,000 toward land for athletic fields located by the Bowling Green Community Center
- In 2016, supported the purchase of splash pad creatures for the pool, Bowling Green Community Mosaic Project, Kuebeck Forum, and the Youth Archery Program
- Also in 2016, completed Building On Nature Phase I project (building a storage/year-round restroom facility for Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve)
- In 2017, Building On Nature Phase 2 project initiated (upgrades to the Nature Center in Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve)
Make a Difference
With your help, everything you loved as a child, baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance is assured to be available to all of us. Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help. Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs and, in turn, help build a stronger community.
- September 24, 2021: 2021 Wine and Cheese Fundraiser